Monday, October 19, 2009

Ain't nothing I can do, ain't nothing I can say

Everyone could relate to money or lack thereof so that is why I chose to talk about money. It was my aim to put a spotlight on the tribal council and for the truth to come out. I know that it was a blow to everyone when the percap was cut and this probably attributed to an increase in the use of alcohol and drugs. I do not see how addressing the issues of alcohol and drugs would be beneficial to anyone. Would you like to see more alcohol and drug awareness programs?
Why try to dictate how you think other people ought to live their lives? You can rattle off all the pitfalls of alcohol and drugs, but it is ultimately an individual’s decision to drink or use drugs. It is also that individual’s decision to decide to get help for their problem. Individual’s desire to stop, the support of their family and utilizing the programs that are available to our tribal members can lead to a road of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment