Friday, May 15, 2009

Meskwaki Elders Foresaw Tribe's Anguish

The Meskwaki people were warned to be aware of this group. Waniska nebwakaki those were the words the elders used to describe this group of people.
Waniska nebwakaki- means something along the lines of their intentions are no good. (hard to translate to English)

*Former and current tribal council

Amazing the information you can get just by talking to the Meskwaki elders. I suggest you bring frybread or a pie to thank them for their time.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhm ... isn't "nebwakaki" related to how educated one is? And I think wasniska means "dirty?" Taking the 2 I think it means dirty educated peeps or teachers? :) hehe - I can be kinda humorous ... but I do agree with you kinda on that point. But I think it can be open to interpretation ... like one (educated peep) who teaches the wrong way? Or educated the wrong way? Or wrong teachings? As I say - open for interpretation depending who interprets it.

    ReplyDelete